Saturday, June 18, 2011

The JT Special

Now admittedly, this sandwich isn't for everyone.  It's probably going to be the least favorite of everyone but me.  It is a sandwich that I made growing up from time to time when I couldn't decide what sort of sandwich I wanted.

First a simple PBJ...



In this case peanut butter and Miracle Whip.  I ran out of jelly making PBJ's for the kiddos.  But I'll suffer, I'll suffer... because I love those kids so.

Next up a fried egg sandwich...


Then a turkey and cheese sandwich...


And they all go together into one big sandwich I named the JT Special!




Before you judge, you should at least try it out.  I usually add some lettuce and bacon to these as well, but was a little rushed today by hungry children.  The beauty of this sandwich is that you can throw anything onto it.  It's sort of a "clean out the fridge" sandwich that can be totally tailored to your specific tastes!

But to have a true blue JT Special, it must be made with the following layers.

Bread
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Fried Egg
Cheese
Turkey (or some other meat)
Lettuce
Miracle Whip
Bread

Don't knock it 'till you try it!

1 comment:

  1. It has a certain Monte-Cristo-ness to it...I wouldn't turn it down if you handed it to me! :)

    ReplyDelete