Monday, June 20, 2011

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I missed yesterday due to competing in a triathlon in the morning, and celebrating Father's Day in the afternoon.  But never fear, for here is the final sandwich in the Seven Sandwiches Project!  There were many I could have chosen from, but I decided to do a little twist on a classic.  The grilled cheese.  Instead of American Cheese on white, which is great, I used cream cheese on sourdough!
First I assembled the ingredients, a very short list indeed...


Then I grilled them on the stove in the same way I would have using traditional ingredients.  And... violaGrilled Cream Cheese on Sourdough!


After I had eaten one half, it occurred to me that my mom used to put stuff in her grilled cheese.  Mustard or pickles or sometimes jelly.  I happened to have some Red Raspberry Jelly, which my family loves.  So I put a schmear of that in the second half.


I'll need to do a few more triathlons to work the calories off, but it was totally worth it!

Thus concludes the Seven Sandwiches Project!  Thanks for reading.  Stay tuned for the next project.  Sign up to follow this blog and you'll know when it happens!

1 comment:

  1. That. Sounds. Awesome.
    Mascarpone might also be good on this one. Wow. Suddenly I'm daydreaming about a sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete