Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bleu Cheese Burger

Inspired by the Boyo's success with his Frueat Burger, I tinkered with his recipe only a little to create a Bleu Cheese Burger.

I kept the basic meat/cheese/bread crumbs mix (1 lb./1 Cup/1 slice crumbled fine) and made a thin patty out of it.  Into this I pressed a handful of crumbled blue cheese.

I briefly considered making another patty to top it, but instead just took clumps of the meat mix and patted it down over the blue cheese.

Five minutes on the grill at medium high heat, then flip and grill for another five.

I topped mine with a slice of beefsteak tomato and some lettuce, ketchup, mustard and home made pickles.



It tasted a whole lot like one of my favorite burgers from a restaurant back in my hometown.  So juicy.  I love the bite of the gooey blue cheese contrasting with the savory cheddar/beef patty.  Very tasty and well worth repeating!

No comments:

Post a Comment